Colorado Native Family Owned and Operated
Our Family Cares About yours
Practical Plumbing is one of the best plumbing companies Greeley CO and the Northern Colorado area. Practical Plumbing, LLC brings you all of the experience, technology, and guarantees of those larger companies. We offer plumbing repair Greeley, CO. As a family-owned and operated business, though, we understand and value your time and money like we do our own.
Contact Us Today For Our Plumbing contractors Greeley CO and Surrounding Areas.
Transform your kitchen or bathroom into a space that reflects your personal style and functionality with a professional remodel. From concept to completion, our team will guide you through the process and ensure the highest quality results.
Our team of skilled technicians uses state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to locate and repair leaks quickly and efficiently, minimizing damage and disruption to your property. Contact us for reliable and cost-effective leak detection and repair solutions.
Need a water heater repair or replacement? Our team of experienced technicians can help. We offer fast and reliable service for all types of water heaters, including electric, gas, and tankless. Not sure what your home or business needs? Just call our experts!
Whether you need a new toilet installed, a leaky faucet repaired, or your garbage disposal replaced, we've got you covered. We offer fast and reliable service, and we use only the highest quality products to ensure that your plumbing services Greeley, CO is in top condition.
If you're in need of sump pump services, let us help! We're working to keep basements and crawl spaces dry and free of water damage all over Greeley, CO and the surrounding areas. From repairs to installs, Practical Plumbing is here for your family or business.
Tankless water heaters offer a number of benefits over traditional storage tank water heaters, including energy efficiency and a continuous supply of hot water. Like any appliance, they do require regular maintenance and can occasionally need repairs. That's where we come in.
Looking to improve the quality of your water? We offer great options for both homes and businesses in the Greeley, CO area. Let us help you choose the right filtration system for your needs and install it properly, so you and your family have access to clean, healthy water.
If you're experiencing problems with your plumbing, such as low water pressure, strange noises, or water damage, it may be time to consider repiping. Practical Plumbing uses only the highest quality materials to ensure that your new pipes are durable and long-lasting.
Hard water can cause a number of issues in your home, from limescale buildup to damaged appliances. A water softener can help to solve these problems by removing excess minerals from your water supply, leaving you with soft, clean water that's gentle on your skin and your plumbing.
Need a plumbing problem fixed, but it's after our normal business hours? Don't worry! Our 24 hour plumbing team is here to help. We offer fast and reliable emergency plumbing services and emergency plumber Greeley around the clock, so you can get your problem fixed as soon as possible and reduce the damage to your home.
Who We Serve
Contact Us Today For Who We Serve in Greeley, CO, and Surrounding Areas.
As a homeowner, you rely on your Greeley plumber to keep your home running smoothly. That's why it's important to have a team of skilled professionals you can trust to take care of all of your plumbing repair Greeley CO needs. Our team offers a wide range of services, including repairs, installations, and maintenance, to ensure that your plumbing is in top condition. We pride ourselves on our prompt and professional service, and we work hard to get your plumbing back in order as quickly as possible.
We understand the importance of reliable and efficient plumbing to the smooth operation of your business, and we are committed to providing top-notch service to ensure that your plumbing is in optimal condition. Our team of experienced technicians is equipped to handle a wide range of plumbing issues, from simple repairs to more complex installations. We use only the highest quality products and techniques to ensure that your 24 hour plumbers Greeley CO.
Practical Plumbing knows that finding a reliable and skilled plumber is an important part of ensuring the success of your project. We are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and timely project completion. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a detailed quote for your plans. Whether you are a home owner or an enterprise looking for a provider, our team will be happy to take your call and point you in the right direction.
What Clients Say
When it comes to finding the best plumbers in Greeley, CO, look no further than Practical Plumbing. With our stellar reputation, years of experience, and commitment to excellence, we stand out as the premier HVAC company in the region.
Practical Plumbing boasts a team of highly skilled and certified plumbers with almost 30 years of hands-on experience in the industry. Our technicians undergo rigorous training and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in plumbing technology and techniques. No matter the complexity of the plumbing issue, our experts are well-equipped to handle it with precision and efficiency.
Our loyal customer base in Greeley speaks volumes about the quality of our services. Over the years, we have earned the trust and respect of homeowners and businesses alike through our dedication to delivering professional solutions. We take great pride in the positive reviews and recommendations we receive, as they reflect our unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction.
From routine maintenance and repairs to complex installations, we offer a wide range of services to cater to all your plumbing needs. Whether it’s fixing leaky faucets, addressing clogged drains, or handling water heater installations, we’ve got you covered.
When you choose Practical Plumbing, you can rest assured that your plumbing needs will be met with the highest level of professionalism and efficiency. Contact us right away when you need plumbing services in Greeley, CO.
Understanding common problems can help homeowners and businesses be proactive in preventing potential disasters. Some of the most common plumbing problems in Greeley include:
- Clogged Drains: Accumulation of hair, soap residue, food particles, and grease can lead to clogged drains, causing water to back up and slow down drainage.
- Leaky Faucets: Dripping faucets not only waste water but also result in higher utility bills over time.
- Running Toilets: A faulty flapper valve or other internal components can cause toilets to run continuously, leading to water wastage and higher water bills.
- Water Heater Issues: Sediment buildup, thermostat problems, or a faulty heating element can affect the efficiency and performance of water heaters.
- Burst Pipes: During freezing temperatures, water inside pipes can freeze and expand, causing pipes to burst and leading to water damage.
- Low Water Pressure: Mineral deposits in plumbing fixtures or issues with the main water supply can result in reduced water pressure.
- Sewer Line Blockages: Tree roots, debris, and foreign objects can obstruct sewer lines, causing sewage backup and potential health hazards.
- Garbage Disposal Problems: Overloading, improper use, or mechanical issues can disrupt the functioning of garbage disposals.
- Sump Pump Failure: Sump pumps can fail during heavy rains, leading to basement flooding.
- Water Leaks: Hidden leaks in pipes or fixtures can waste water and cause damage to walls, floors, and ceilings.
Practical Plumbing, your go-to Greeley plumber, has the expertise to handle all of these common plumbing problems efficiently. Regular maintenance, prompt repairs, and seeking professional assistance can help prevent these issues from escalating into more significant and costly concerns. If you encounter any plumbing problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced team for reliable solutions.
Identifying plumbing leaks early is crucial to prevent water damage and costly repairs. Keep an eye out for these common signs that indicate a possible plumbing leak:
- Water Stains: Look for yellow or brownish stains on walls, ceilings, or floors, especially in areas near plumbing fixtures. These stains often indicate water seepage from leaking pipes.
- Dripping Sounds: If you hear persistent dripping sounds even when all faucets are turned off, it could be a clear sign of a hidden leak.
- Musty Odors: Unpleasant musty, or moldy smells in certain areas of your property might be due to accumulated moisture from an undetected plumbing leak.
- Increased Water Bills: A sudden unexplained spike in your water bills could suggest that water is being wasted through an undetected leak.
- Reduced Water Pressure: A hidden leak in the plumbing system can lead to reduced water pressure in faucets and fixtures.
- Warped or Bubbling Paint: If you notice paint on walls or ceilings bubbling or warping, it might be a result of water leakage.
- Mold Growth: The presence of mold or mildew in unusual places, such as non-shower areas, might indicate excess moisture from a hidden leak.
If you observe any of these signs, it is essential to act promptly. Contact our plumbing contractors in Greeley, CO, to conduct a thorough inspection and efficiently locate and repair any plumbing leaks, safeguarding your property from further damage and ensuring water efficiency. Early detection and timely intervention can save you from costly repairs and potential health hazards associated with water damage and mold growth.
A plumbing emergency can be a stressful and overwhelming situation, but knowing how to respond quickly and appropriately can prevent further damage and minimize potential disruptions. Follow these steps if you encounter a plumbing emergency:
- Stay Calm and Turn Off the Water: The first and most crucial step is to remain calm. Find the main water shut-off valve in your home and turn it off immediately to stop the flow of water. This valve is usually located near the water meter, in the basement, or outside the house. Turning off the water will help prevent flooding and additional water damage.
- Assess the Situation: Try to identify the source of the problem if it’s safe to do so. Look for visible leaks, burst pipes, or malfunctioning plumbing fixtures. Understanding the extent of the issue can help you communicate effectively with the plumbing professionals when you call for assistance.
- Call a Professional Plumber: Contact an experienced and licensed emergency plumber in Greeley, CO, right away. Explain the situation clearly and provide as much information as possible to ensure the professionals bring the necessary tools and equipment to address the emergency promptly.
- Shut Off Utilities (if necessary): In some cases, like a gas leak or sewage backup, you may need to shut off other utilities as well. If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, turn off the gas supply and leave the premises immediately, contacting your gas provider and emergency services from a safe location.
Remember, responding swiftly and seeking professional help is key to managing a plumbing emergency effectively. At Practical Plumbing, we are your reliable 24 hour plumbers in Greeley, CO, offering 24/7 emergency services with highly skilled technicians to handle any plumbing crisis promptly and efficiently. Keep our contact information handy for any plumbing emergencies, and rest assured that your property is in capable hands.
Using certified and licensed plumbers in Greeley, CO, ensures that you are hiring a professional with the right expertise and qualifications. They have undergone rigorous training, passed exams, and obtained the necessary permits to work on plumbing systems. This guarantees a higher level of skill, adherence to industry standards, and compliance with building codes.
Additionally, a certified plumber is more likely to provide reliable solutions, deliver quality workmanship, and offer excellent customer service, giving you peace of mind and assurance that your plumbing needs are in capable hands. When you need a reliable plumber, give Practical Plumbing a call!
The average cost for plumbing repair in Greeley, CO, can vary depending on the type and complexity of the repair. Minor issues, such as fixing a leaky faucet or unclogging a drain, typically fall on the lower end of the pricing spectrum. On the other hand, more extensive repairs, like addressing a burst pipe or replacing a water heater, generally involve higher costs due to the complexity of the work involved.
To get an accurate estimate for your specific plumbing repair needs, contact our team for a consultation. We can assess the situation and provide a detailed quote for the necessary repairs, ensuring transparency and avoiding any surprise costs.
Prevention is key when it comes to maintaining a well-functioning plumbing system and avoiding costly repairs. Here are some essential tips to help prevent plumbing problems:
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule annual plumbing inspections with Practical Plumbing to catch any minor issues before they escalate into major problems.
- Be Mindful of What Goes Down the Drain: Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items, grease, oils, and large food scraps down the drain. Use drain covers to catch hair and debris.
- Monitor Water Pressure: Excessively high water pressure can strain pipes and cause leaks. Install a pressure regulator if necessary to maintain optimal pressure levels.
- Prevent Frozen Pipes: Insulate exposed pipes, especially during winter, to prevent them from freezing and potentially bursting.
- Maintain Water Heater: Flush the water heater regularly to remove sediment and extend its lifespan. Keep the temperature at a safe and energy-efficient setting.
- Address Leaks Promptly: Even small leaks can waste a significant amount of water and lead to water damage. Fix leaks as soon as you notice them.
- Use Water Softeners: If your area has hard water, consider using water softeners to reduce mineral buildup in pipes and appliances.
By following these preventive measures and staying proactive, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of plumbing issues, maintain the efficiency of your plumbing system, and save money in the long run. However, if you do encounter any plumbing concerns, don’t hesitate to seek plumbing services in Greeley, CO, from Practical Plumbing.
Plumbing materials can vary based on the specific application and requirements. Some common types include:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): PVC pipes are lightweight and easy to install, commonly used for drain and vent lines.
- CPVC (Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride): Similar to PVC, but can withstand higher temperatures, making it suitable for hot water lines.
- Copper: Durable and corrosion-resistant, copper pipes are often used for water supply lines.
- PEX (Cross-linked Polyethylene): Flexible and cost-effective, PEX is commonly used for water supply lines and radiant heating systems.
- Galvanized Steel: Coated with zinc to prevent rust, galvanized pipes were common in older homes but are now less popular due to corrosion issues.
- Cast Iron: Robust and durable, cast iron pipes were historically used for sewer lines.
- Brass: Often used for fittings and valves due to its corrosion resistance and durability.
- Stainless Steel: Resistant to corrosion and high temperatures, stainless steel is suitable for specific applications.
The choice of plumbing material depends on factors like budget, water quality, local building codes, and the intended use of the pipes. Professional plumbing companies in Greeley, CO, can recommend the most suitable materials for your specific needs.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, have become a popular choice for homeowners and businesses seeking efficient and space-saving hot water solutions. Unlike traditional water heaters with storage tanks, tankless water heaters do not store pre-heated water. Instead, they heat water on demand as it passes through the unit. This instantaneous heating process results in hot water being available whenever needed, eliminating the need to wait for a tank to fill and reheat.
One of the significant advantages of tankless water heaters is their energy efficiency. Traditional water heaters constantly keep a large volume of water hot, leading to standby heat loss and higher energy consumption. In contrast, tankless water heaters only heat water when it’s required, reducing energy waste and resulting in lower utility bills.
Water Filtration and Purification
As concerns about water quality and contaminants increase, advanced water filtration and purification systems have become crucial in ensuring access to safe and clean drinking water. These systems use various filtration technologies, such as carbon filters, reverse osmosis, and UV disinfection, to remove impurities, chemicals, sediments, and microorganisms from the water.
The benefits of water filtration and purification extend beyond improved water taste and odor. These systems can effectively remove harmful substances like chlorine, lead, heavy metals, pesticides, and bacteria, providing a healthier and safer drinking water supply.
With a wide range of filtration options available, from under-sink filters to whole-house systems, our team of Greeley plumber professionals can tailor water treatment solutions to suit your specific needs.